Thursday, February 24, 2011

Intros and Conclusions

The song Keep On Bringing Me down is a new song by a band called Forever The Sickest Kids. This song has a great intro that keeps me coming back to this song over and over again. It begins with a crazy synth sound that builds for a couple seconds that leads into a great piano part. The piano is upbeat and catchy and really brings you in and sets you up for the rest of the instruments. At about 8 seconds in the guitar does a nice slide to start off with and the drums kick in. These instruments all play a nice head bobbing tune for a little longer and then it settles at 20 seconds right before the lyrics start and they tell a story. I love the intro to this song because I really feel that it hooks you on this song before even one word is sung. It already gets you involved and just makes you want to move to the music.

The end of this song really works well too. The last lyrics to the song are a repeat of the chorus which is "Why does the world as I know it keep on bringing me down. Do my best to hide it but it keeps on bringing me down. And no matter how high that I try to climb I'll be pulled back down again. Why does the world as I know it keep on bringing me down." Then the line "Keep on bringing me down," is repeated two more times. The music has slowly gotten bigger right before this and is crazier right towards the end to make it a big finish. Then the music dies down right at the very and and completely stops so that the last word that is sung with no music. This last word also echos slightly which gives much more emphasis to that word and the meaning of the song altogether. It's as if the singer is slowly fading as he feels this way since everything in the world has beaten him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment